We all want our homes to be safe. After all, it is our refuge from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. But there may be a source of danger inside your house that you may be unaware of, something that could endanger you and your life. Carbon monoxide is one of those odorless and colorless substances that can put you at risk. Dangerous concentrations of carbon monoxide can cause poisoning and the problem is, it can be undetectable until someone gets sick.
You may have heard about people passing out and even losing their lives from carbon monoxide poisoning in their cars. But what you may not know is that this gas may be present inside your home, inhaled by your family and pets. How did it get into your house though? The answers may surprise you.
In places with very cold winters, boilers, furnaces, and fireplaces are lifesavers. They keep the houses comfortably warm even when the temperature outside is close to zero. However, if not well-maintained, these may also release carbon monoxide inside your home.
Water heaters, like boilers, are also secret sources of carbon monoxide. If the water heaters are in a small enclosed space like a bathroom, the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning increases.
It may be fun to have barbeque once in a while, but if you grill inside your house, you may be exposing yourself to a large dose of carbon monoxide.
If you opted for kerosene or a gas heater instead of a boiler or fireplace to heat up your home, you are still not safe from carbon monoxide poisoning because fossil fuel emissions are the most efficient sources of carbon monoxide.
Other appliances that produce carbon monoxide are clothes dryers, wood stoves, generators, and lawn equipment. Basically, any material that burns produces carbon monoxide.
Because carbon monoxide is invisible and odorless, you need a professional to check your house for elevated levels of this poisonous gas. This will involve a series of checks for carbon monoxide leaks to ensure all the heating appliances in your home do not exhaust dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Usually, the culprits for carbon monoxide poisoning inside the home are gas heaters and boilers.
If you experience fatigue, dizziness, nausea, headaches, chest pain, upset stomach, and confusion with family members getting sick at the same time and feeling unwell whenever you are at home, it may be time to call a plumbing and gas services expert to measure the carbon monoxide levels in your home. As the saying goes, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
I called Hero Plumbing to unblock a shower drain and was unable to get a quote over the phone, but Sam the owner was here same day. After his first try, he made quick work of the blockage. I opted to also get the acid cleaner stuff poured down. Sam had run out, but made a trip to go pick some up to finish the job. If you opt for this treatment make sure you can easily air the bathroom as it’s extremely strong and produces a lot of fumes. Great Service and Honest Pricing.
Hero Plumbing has been excellent since there first phone call.
I spoke to a gentlemen names Sam which he organised a technician to come and replace our hot water heater.
The technician was excellent called me 30mins before arrival explained the whole job to me and gave me an upfront price.
Excellent work Hero team.
We are a Hero member now and always look forward to working with them.
We've used Hero Plumbing previously. Both times reliable and flexible with changing times (helpful during covid ISO periods!)
Hayden was on time and explained the issue clearly, fixed it,then also did some extra checks on water pressure and taps to ensure there were no underlying issues.
Would recommend their services.
Hero Plumbing has been our go to plumber for years.
They replaced our hot water system with excellent workmanship, professionalism and in a timely manner - as always!
Brilliant service from the first phone call to Hero Plumbing as Sam the manager booked us in very efficiently. I received a confirmation email, a phone call on approach and all went smoothly & work conducted was beautiful . The team did a great job even dig up on our sewer and cut concrete & repaired the issue and our sewer is running like a dream.
Thanks for your great efforts guys!
WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND
I knew Sam when he was working alone. And from the first time I was pleasantly surprised by his work. A little later I found out that he has his own business. I am very happy about that. And I am very glad for myself that I have such a company that I can always rely on.
Thank you for your work. People need you very much.